Working Student - Computer Vision (m/f/d)
Solve complex robotics problems and help the first generation of autonomous farming robots to succeed.
Dahlia Robotics’ vision is to remove the need for herbicides in agriculture and make organic food production the standard.
To achieve this, we build farming robots which autonomously take care of tedious tasks like weeding. Our robots automatically recognize crops and weeds on the field through computer vision and machine learning techniques and remove the weeds through mechanical tools.
We are a multidisciplinary team with backgrounds in computer science, electrical and mechanical engineering, geoecology and UX design, heavily supported by local farmers.
What We Offer
Apply your machine learning skills in a real-world setting on autonomous machines
Access to powerful AWS instances (Nvidia V100)
Flexible working times (fully remote, attending field tests possible but not required)
Direct positive impact of your work on the environment
- Bring state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms to “the field”
- Research algorithms for crop/weed recognition techniques and combine them with your own ideas
- Prototype candidate algorithms in PyTorch/Tensorflow
- Implement the best candidate on target hardware (Nvidia Jetson Xavier NX/AGX)
- Optional: Test your work under real-world conditions on the field
Who you are
Enrolled master student in computer science, electrical engineering, robotics or related
Background in Machine Learning
Proficiency in Python with prior experience in PyTorch or Tensorflow
First practical experience writing robust, production-ready, clear, reusable, and well-tested code
Proficiency in English or German
Enthusiasm for mobile and intelligent robots and (organic) agriculture